Before you start looking at houses you must determine what part of Loudoun or Fairfax County you want to live in. Overall our community is safe, our schools rate high, and you have a diverse range of real estate to choose from. However, you still need to find the city and dream neighborhood that meets your individual needs. Here are a few things to consider.
Identify Your Priorities Beyond Real Estate
You aren’t just looking for your dream home but a home in a neighborhood that meets your needs. Here are a few questions to consider:
- Do you have a specific school district in mind?
- How long do you want your commute to work to be?
- Do you need to be close to public transportation?
- What other weekly spots do you need to be close to?
- Do you need to have a park, grocery store, or coffee shop in walking distance?
- Are you looking for a neighborhood that is primarily singles, families, or retirees?
Look, Feel, And Listen
Next up, consider your senses. Just like a home might feel like you the moment you walk in, your neighbor must also have the look and feel you desire. This might mean taking a stroll to really narrow down your top few neighborhoods. Or, feel free to stroll the neighborhood after you view a house or condo. Also consider:
- Is there a type of architecture you prefer?
- Are you looking for a rural or city feel?
- Do you like a quiet neighborhood or do you enjoy being near the action?
- Does the neighborhood feel like home?
Identify Your Outdoor Needs
Outdoor living spaces are of greater priority to current buyers, but not everyone is looking for a large front or backyard. In fact, the time and cost of landscaping is a shock to homeowners who have never had a lawn and yard to care for. Consider factors such as:
- Do you need a place for your kids to play?
- Is there somewhere pets can roam?
- Is there a safety fence or can you easily add one?
- Do you need a semi-outdoor space like a sunroom?
- Would you prefer a luxury outdoor amenity like a kitchen or pool?
- Is a small deck or patio enough space?
- How much time or money do you want to invest in gardening and landscaping?
By considering the questions and factors above you won’t waste your time on neighborhoods that don’t meet your needs. Not to worry if you aren’t familiar with the local neighborhoods as the team at Jerry Sardone Realty knows just the questions to ask to narrow down your options. Reach out today to start searching for your new home!